Упражнения для практики пунктуации в английском.
Проставьте знаки препинания в предложениях, используя правила из статьи.
1) At exactly 7 o'clock Dr McCarthy arrived holding a lot of books
2) My father who works as an architect at a local firm has a lot of useful books magazines and journals
3) When I was a boy I was told that unfortunately money did not grow on trees
4) My sister lives in London and I think that this is a good place for those who look for career opportunities
5) He owed her 7 545 dollars but he didn't even say anything about that
А теперь попробуйте сделать тоже самое в реальных предложениях из эссе.
6) For example such organisation as BBC alone may broadcast as many as 1500 educational messages a day which is an impressive indicator of the value of education
7) Fortunately the harm done by mobile addiction whether substantial or relatively small can be undone
8) Conversely a person who wakes up at 5 or 6 am is likely to feel more energetic and he is capable of better multitasking
9) Surprisingly a considerable height such as 180 metres and above may give an advantage in communication and argument making another person more likely to accept his opponent't point of view
10) However there are some who claim that those chidlren who are interested in reading music and art have a predisposition to depression
Упражнение 2. Поставьте запятую, где необходимо между прилагательными.
1) Sad depressed people feel better when they have enough sunshine. Cool dark shadows produce the opposite effect on mood levels.
2) A dark red colour symbolises danger, while a bright white one conveys a calm peaceful feeling.
3) The dark silent empty room was no longer a place where there once was a cosy old English rockchair with a smiling Ben.
4) Chaotic stress-filled lifestyle is said to reduce a lifespan.